I hope you will be able to forgive me.
From what I gather on social media not many people are a fan of the first day of the work week. I am. I love Mondays. There I said it. Confession #1
I love my Mondays because of how I position myself for them on Sundays. For a few months now I have been making Sundays “Self-Care” days. I choose activities that will create happiness and balance in my life. It’s a catch up from the previous week and prepare for the next kind of a day, and it is one of my favorites of the whole week.
Self Care Snippets and Confession #2 and #3
You can’t pour from an empty cup.
You have to take care of yourself in order to be effective in all areas of your life.
This is just some of my checklist of what I do on Sundays to take care of me and to set myself up for a successful week ahead.
- Sleep in. Sometimes my body says yes to this and sometimes it doesn’t. The important thing is, is that I listen to what it needs and allow it to happen. No guilt. No agenda.
- Plan for the coming week. I grab my coffee or tea and try to accomplish a few things:
- Assign leftover To Dos. I look over my unfinished to dos from the previous week and assign them to a day this coming week.
- Look over my Social Media Content Planner and see what I am responsible for this week. I come back to this usually Sunday nights and plan for the week ahead. I like to spend more time on this so I can be thoughtful and purposeful about how I roll out my social media for the week.
- Dinner Ready. I love getting ready to share a delicious meal with my family. Confession #2, it is NOT always sauce. I do love spending time with my family though…it is my favorite thing to do. Sometimes it is just a few of us and sometimes it is 27 of us.
- Alternative Activity. I try to do something other than my normal workout routine. I get bored easily with the workout program and changing things up refreshes my attitude towards it all. So I go hiking, walk a different route, or play frisbee at the beach with the kids.
- Read. I catch up on books, magazines and articles I have saved to Pocket.
- Email to Zero. Confession #3. This is a hard one for me. I strive for this but sometimes I don’t make it and that is okay. When I do achieve clearing out my inbox, my week is so much more productive. I LOVE IT.
Taking time to change up my routine on Sundays sets me up for a fantastic week, recharges my batteries and helps me hit the ground running on Monday. What do you do on Self Care Sunday to take care of you? How do you set yourself up for a successful week? Share with me and comment below!